Here at CG Locks you can buy with confidence knowing you're covered if something goes wrong.
As well as Australian consumer law, every item is covered by the manufacturers' product warranty. We have compiled a list of the most common brands we sell and their product warranty pages so you can view them easily. Please see below for these links:
ASSA ABLOY (Includes Lockwood, Yale, Whitco)
Phone: 1300 LOCK UP (1300 562 587)
Allegion (Includes Schlage & Legge)
Phone: 1800 098 094
Phone: 13 14 18
https://static1.squarespace.com/static/54ebb58ee4b08db9da9013ca/t/5c931f011905f43592543cf0/1553145646788/Nidus+24+page+brochure+March+2019+-21-3-19.pdf (Warranties noted in downloadable product brochure)
Phone: (03) 9873 7270
Phone: 1800 675 411
Phone: 1800 675 411 (as above)
Phone: 1300 926 321
For any other brands or warranty inquiries please contact the manufacturer directly, or if you cannot find their information please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will get the necessary information for you.
Subscribe to be the first to hear about our exclusive offers and latest arrivals
Returns & Refunds
Wholesale & VIP Customers
Terms and Conditions
Help / Services
Browser our popular products
Handles & Hardware
Safes & Key Storage
CCTV & Electronic
Fire & Safety
GET IN TOUCH
Contact Us : 0474 238 061
CG LOCKS WARRANTY | Australian Consumer Law Guarantees
AUSTRALIAN CONSUMER LAW GUARANTEES CG LOCKS Australia Pty Limited ACN :85634745761 ("CG LOCKS AU") guarantees all of its CG LOCKS products in accordance with the Australian Consumer Law.
1. Warranty - CG LOCKS AU also warrants that each of its CG LOCKS products will be free of defects in material and workmanship (including mechanical parts) for a period of 1 year from date of purchase of the product with which this document is given, subject to the limitations and exclusions set out below ("Warranty').
2. Limitations - Unless otherwise expressly provided for in writing and subject to the exclusions set out in this Warranty:
3. a. Electrical and Electronic Components - Electrical and electronic components used in CG LOCKS AU's CG LOCKS products (excluding keys, cylinders and batteries) are warranted and will be free of defects in material and workmanship for a period of 1 year from the date of purchase. Batteries are not covered by the Warranty. b. Cylinders and Keys - All mechanical and electromechanical cylinders and keys sold under CG LOCKS brand are warranted and will be free of defects in material and workmanship for a period of 1 year (faults with both mechanical and electromechanical components) from the date of purchase. c. Finish - The Warranty does not apply to the finishes of CG LOCKS products nor to cosmetic or appearance damage. d. Stainless Steel - Stainless Steel is not stain free but stains less, compared to ordinary carbon steel. Tea staining is a natural process that may happen to stainless steel products if not cleaned regularly and pursuant to CG LOCKS AU instructions. The Warranty therefore does not cover tea staining of Stainless Steel products.
4. Claiming on the Warranty
• If you purchased an CG LOCKS product from a retailer or other reseller (as opposed to direct from CG LOCKS AU) and wish to claim on the Warranty to the retailer or other reseller, you must, at your own expense:
• return the product securely packed to protect against damage to the product; and b. provide details of: (I) the claim on the Warranty; (II) proof of original purchase; and (Ill) your name, address, email address (if you have one) and telephone number; to the retailer or other reseller from whom you originally purchased the product, within the respective warranty period referred to above.
• (A) If you purchased an CG LOCKS product direct from CG LOCKS AU or otherwise wish to claim on the Warranty direct to CG LOCKS AU, you must, at your own expense: (I) first contact the CG LOCKS AU Customer Seivice Department at the contact details below to: (a) provide CG LOCKS AU with details of the claim on the Warranty; (b) organise to provide CG LOCKS AU with proof of original purchase; and (c) obtain a Case Number, (II) securely pack the product to protect against damage to the product; (III) include a copy of the original proof of purchase in the packaging; (IV) clearly mark the Case Number on the outside of the packaging; and then return the product direct to CG LOCKS AU at the address below, within the respective warranty period referred to above.
• (B) Products returned direct to CG LOCKS AU without a Case Number may not be accepted by CG LOCKS AU.
• (C) The issue of a Case Number and acceptance of returned products by CG LOCKS AU's staff does not constitute acceptance by CG LOCKS AU of the claim on the Warranty.
• CG LOCKS AU will (or authorise the retailer or other reseller from whom you originally purchased the product to) assess any claim you may make on the Warranty and if, in CG LOCKS AU's reasonable opinion, the Warranty applies, CG LOCKS AU will at its own opinion and cost (or authorise the retailer or other reseller from whom you originally purchased the product to): (i) provide you with the same or (if the same product is no longer available) the closest similar CG LOCKS AU's CG LOCKS product (ii) repair the product and return it to you; or (iii) refund the price you paid for the product. This is the only obligation of CG LOCKS AU under the Warranty. CG LOCKS AU will bear its own expenses of doing those things, and you must bear any other expenses of claiming on the Warranty.
• If products are returned to CG LOCKS AU for which, in CG LOCKS AU's reasonable opinion, the Warranty does not apply, the products will be returned to you freight collect.
6. The Warranty does not apply to: a. CG LOCKS AU's CG LOCKS products which have been improperly installed or fitted or for which the CG LOCKS AU's installation and fitting instructions have not been followed; b. CG LOCKS AU's CG LOCKS products which have not been properly maintained in accordance with CG LOCKS AU's care and maintenance recommendations; (CG LOCKS AU's care and maintenance recommendations can be found at www.cglocks.com / CG LOCKS AU's CG LOCKS products with which batteries other than those specified by CG LOCKS AU have been used; d. CG LOCKS AU's CG LOCKS products which have been used in a way or manner not within the scope and limitations of the technical and other specifications for the products published from time to time by CG LOCKS AU; e. CG LOCKS AU's CG LOCKS products which are made using components or specifications provided or requested by someone other than CG LOCKS AU; f. Fair wear and tear; g. CG LOCKS AU's CG LOCKS products which have been modifed or repaired without the written authorisation of CG LOCKS AU; h. CG LOCKS AU's CG LOCKS products with which substitute or replacement parts or cylinders, other than genuine CG LOCKS AU parts or cylinders, have been used; i. CG LOCKS AU's CG LOCKS products which have been subject to accident, abuse, misuse, neglect or damage; j. Defects or deterioration caused to CG LOCKS AU's CG LOCKS products from being exposed to corrosives, including (without limitation) vapours, chemicals, abrasive compounds, contamination, pollution, coastal air, salt spray, high humidity; k. CG LOCKS AU's CG LOCKS products which are not new when purchased by the original purchaser; l. Anyone other than original purchasers of new CG LOCKS AU's CG LOCKS products; m. CG LOCKS AU's CG LOCKS products which are sold by CG LOCKS AU or a retailer of other reseller of CG LOCKS AU as "B" class or seconds; n. CG LOCKS AU's CG LOCKS products which were not originally sold in Australia by CG LOCKS AU; o. CG LOCKS AU's CG LOCKS products which have had any of the brands, marks, patented plates, numbers or other information of CG LOCKS AU on the products defaced or removed; p. The removal, refitment or replacement of CG LOCKS AU's CG LOCKS products or associated charges; or q. Personal injury, property damage, consequential or economic loss, however caused.
7. Australian Consumer Law Requirements
8. The Australian Consumer Law also requires CG LOCKS to state in relation to the Warranty that:
• CG LOCKS AU gives the Warranty and the name, address, telephone number and email address of
• CG LOCKS AU are:
• CG LOCKS Australia Pty Limited., 39 OWENS LANE SOUTHPORT, QUEENSLAND 4215, ACN : 85634745761
email@example.com, tel: 07 5661 5906
• The Warranty is in addition to other rights and remedies you may have under a law in relation to the goods to which the Warranty relates.
• Our goods come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and for compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. You are also entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure.